Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Thursday 28 January 2016

Kakadu

Happy new year all, from Jabiru, in the world heritage national park of Kakadu, and must I say what a place! Or should I say absolutely stunning in the wet season with the wetlands full of waterlilys, birds and wildlife... Man! I fitted straight in.

Oh, and since I last got online I have fitted the Phantom with a split system air conditioner so now we are cool standing as well as running...  And the man cave now has a small 700 liter box freezer that I converted by moving the compressor around so I could lay the freezer on its side with the door now hanging and its working fine with a $4 lock latch to keep it closed. Also we have renovated the upstairs by removing 8 seats and two bunks making the Phantom a 14 seater and 8 sleeper, thus giving us the extra room we needed. Now we will be here for the dry season so look out for some great pictures... I hope... Kakadu is a must see... love it.

Jabiru in the wild

Wetlands. On the way to Humpty doo from Jabiru through the Kakadu.

Home for the season

Crocodile haven
Another Kakadu icon
Room to move





No comments:

Post a Comment