Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Good instinct

Left Isa, got to Camooweal and thought the drive wheel felt hotter than usual, so I checked the diff oil thinking it was low and not feeding up to the bearings, but that was all good. I turned around and went back the 189 kms to Isa, to be sure, to be sure, well the bearings were normal after getting Isa diesel to put their infra red thermometer on it. Hey it was a blessing in disguise because one tyre on the inside lazy wheel was starting to peel off, so I got them changed.
Oh and the price of a carton of xxxx in Camooweal is $60, that was another good reason to go back. And now I'm on the road to Borroloola I don't know why... I'm heading to Darwin anyway and have done this road many times up through Threeways, so I thought for an extra 150 kms we get to see this place that every one I've spoken to says is not worth the drive. They should not have said that, that's why I want to go there! And with a place along the coast from there called Bing Bong, that's got to be a s-s-seeeeeeeee, he, he, he.

- D -


Stitch in time saves nine.

Don't leave home without it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment