Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Tuesday 26 May 2015

What a catch! At last...


First Borroloola, then on to Bing Bong, and the only catch was a stone fish, one of Australia's most venomous killers. So we moved about 67 kms to Batten Point, 4x4 vehicle only with corrugation the size of little drains, and the phantom still got through. Had to weld the side mirror back on though, all good. 

On the first night the line kept on snapping, so I got serious and upped my tackle poundage. Then up came a ray, the same type that got our old friend Steve Irwin. Soon after that came the biggest fish I have ever caught in my life, and what a catch it was! OK, we still didn't get a feed but the catch, along with the excitement from the kids, was good enough for me. 

The next morning I got up and walked to the waters edge about 8 meters from the bus, and found fresh crocodile tracks on the sandy muddy bank right where I caught and released catch of the day. My friend the croc must have been watching me fight and land that fish all the time just waiting for his chance... Now I'll try to land him, lets see how I go with a chicken as bait, come on croc have a go....

P.S. Camerawoman more excited than I am - thanks Mum!

- D -


Phantom blending in.

Let the pictures speak for themselves: catch of the day. And some more...


Catch of my life.

Croc bait
Too heavy to release on my own... had to lever it in. 

Another NT danger...
N
Bing Bong's best catch, stonefish

Deadly

Nightly prowler

No comments:

Post a Comment