Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Down and out

Woke up this morning with swollen left foot, temperature high and not in a very good mood. Just had to deal with it and take all the family to the quackers, only one in big down town Borroloola with a free pick up and drop off service. Tooo goood, thanks NT. Four of us got penicilline shots with creams, washs and swabs, apparently the kids where playing with other kids and got the old immune system to toughen up, and with the heat around here it just got worse and got on me too, so to stop rheumatic fever we all got a shot, very painful... Now it stays in the system for 28 days, and I don't know what's going to happen to my evening friend xxxx...

Stuck in Borroloola; nowhere else I would rather be! Now the fishing is better than anywhere else I have ever been: toooo goooood. Mangrove jacks, snappers, breams, reef fish all here, with the sand flies and mozzies, fare trade I reckon. Heading to the lost city when I can walk again to look at some really old rock painting, should be really good as that is one of my favourite pass times. Kids look better off than me, or like my wife says 'luulosairas'.

I have been approached to do some work on an outstation in the gulf, ummmm... see what happens. The law in town says you can only buy 18 cans a day, with showing your licence and having a breath test in the shop. All good for me, I only have 1 or 3, but not at the moment with this wog in my system. Anyway its all good to be back on line. Talk soon.

- D -

Catching up with Borroloola locals.

Fishing loungeroom
Beautiful stick insect
Dunny repairs in the sticks. 

Clayschool - croc creek style

Monsters are lurking in muddy waters...


No comments:

Post a Comment