Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Camp problems

Dingoes are trying to show us, or my dog rather, that this is their territory. In the last few days we have been hearing them just on dark, and last night when I got back from a sea hunt at about 8.30 pm, the kids were asleep, the wife had just gone to bed and I was getting something to eat, when I heard Jiniba fighting. I ran outside, grabbed my bush spear and headed towards the fighting. From about 15 meters away I could see Jiniba was really telling them, "I'm the boss here now so stay away". The dingo ran off and Jiniba came to me like a champ that he is. This happened two more times before I fell asleep only to wake up to the kids running into my room yelling: "Ta, Ta, the dingo is there!" I got up and grabbed the phone for some photos, Jiniba was sizing the big male up, and without any exchange of words he walked towards the bus with his head down. Then I realized what was going on; one came into site, drew Jiniba towards him, then backup arrived out of the bushes, more dingos.... Now I think Jiniba knows who's the boss around these bushes.

I did some work, then went bush with the kids, and there were dingo puppy prints every where, along with what looked like water buffalo prints. Tried to track the puppies to no avail so we came back to camp and had ice cream... what a treat out here! Tomorrow I'll pick up supplies for the next two weeks, and hopefully the foundation will be down and the structure up before the next supply run.... Oh and my airbags should be here, or I will be forced to remove one from the lazy wheel and fit it on the drive wheel, lock off the hose and gently Bentley it to town... Ha ha, get out of the sand first! I do have a plan...........  


Kids learning tracking from master tracker
Back to my roots
Follow that track! 
Pack attack
Caught off the beach while vonu was gutted


No comments:

Post a Comment