Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Monday 29 June 2015

Never boring around here

It was so good to put the delicate technical tools away. Woke up this morning to my Aussie kids' breaky with the children, and was ready to start moving the second container in to place when a hissing sound started coming out from the fridge motor. Fa...fa... far out! Here we go again. I pulled the fridge out, luckily I installed it so I knew exactly how to pull it out in 5 minutes... The little cooling coil that has a sucking fan on it was all clogged, yes easy, clean that and it should be all good - wishful thinking - well it needed a clean anyway, and with the roads we've been driving on, no wonder! Now the sound was coming from the rectifier intermittently. I put the multi meter on the voltage out point, the reading was 27.9 volts, then the sound would come on and the voltage would drop to 23.9, it sounds like it's coming out of a capacitor, well I think so anyways... I'm no fridge mechanic. The fridge is still working, but I have ordered a new rectifier for peace of mind, and if it blows up before I get the new one I will go 24 volts direct from my battery bank, probably be the smart thing to do... Hey but I'm not smart!
Now back to the job: two containers 25 meters apart, which I must move, to have them 6 meters apart, square, raised, level, and ready to be converted into a dwelling with a patio in the middle, etc. I love this cause I only have a jack, few pieces of timber, a chain, as many logs as I need (I only have to cut them), the Triton, and myself, oh and the wonder woman my wife: when in trouble or need help, call mum... I don't know what I would do without her, thank you Lord for my inspiration, I love her. Ha! Still feels like puppy love too... OK that's enough, beer time, always nice after a hard days work, bye.

Ready to go
Makeshift tracks
So close yet so far

Use what's there

Snake sounding rectifier

Beer time


No comments:

Post a Comment