Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Thursday 25 June 2015

Happy days

And the supplies arrived, so I got to go into town, the big smoke with 3 shops, 110 kilometres away. I was rather stressed when I got to the Pandion depot all because I didn't bring an esky knowing I had lots of cold dairy and poultry goods, and not only that, there were two pallets sitting there for me, not including the freezer stuff. Uh - oh I need a trailer! So where do I get one from? And there was Frank my Saibai Islander brother, and I must say that since we got here he has helped me when ever I needed help. What a man, thanks my brother. Now I got a trailer and an esky from this good Samaritan, and started on the road back to camp. We were down to our last ten litres of drinking water so I wanted to get back asap... All good, beeping the horn on the way in and got there to everyone happy and waiting for something for themselves knowing I went to town. They are the little things I live for and I must say I love the question mark look on the kids' faces: "What's there for us?" The kids are happy, the wife's happy, I got my two yellow xxxx boxes and happy, and to top it off we had vonu for dinner. What a day, night, life... Good night.


Half unloaded and half to go

Welcoming sight in the bush

Choc-a-block
Overflow

Dad's treat



No comments:

Post a Comment