Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Tame croc

Borroloola, warm one day hotter the next. Not good when I've just gotten over the heat rashes / infected mozzie bites only to start with an eye infection. I think the old body is just getting used to the surroundings... Well I hope so. A big thanks again to my best friend, my wife, for standing by me in my time of whinging and complaints, and to my ever loving children for putting up with a grumpy dad.

Today I went with the kids on a bush walk along the McArthur River, crocodile spotting.... Never again! I literally carried the 2- and 3-year-olds all the 6 kilometre way, so croc spotting and bush walking are off the list for now, at least till we can all walk together. Anyway I'm going back down there tomorrow to try and land one of those crocs with my line... Have a go anyway, as I will be here for another week due to immunisation for baby next Monday, before heading out to the out station. I believe there is a 20 foot crocodile in there, so the locals say, he's tame. He won't run away or swim away when you go there.... OK so you call that tame? I call that game, and a game it shall be, with the fittest of the fittest, I will try to catch all the action on video for all to watch......... Keep watching.

Croc trap
The quiet before the storm

Twin hull, seen better days

Love don't come easy

Doing it hard



No comments:

Post a Comment