Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Dig in, dig out

Pandanus Ridge, we are here. And what a trip: clearing the road in places, dodging trees, digging our way out of sand... That wasn't easy, and I'm still stuck in the sand, in the middle of the track at the Ridge. I will pull out the 9 tonne winch in the morning, that should help, or so I hope... The bus weighs 23 tonnes, I wonder what is the pulling weight? Well I guess these hiccups all come with the terrain, definitely not a place for double decker buses, unless it's the Phantom and the crazy family...

Hero might come in handy in running 110 kilometres for help if the winch and my bush made track won't work, but I'm confident it will though. Wife got a bit of anxiety after she saw the little dirt track and the first dig, but she's holding it together pretty good I must say. Kids wouldn't change it for anything, taking photos of wildlife while dad was happily digging for 2 hours straight on rock hard compact sand, and mum trying not to show how worried she was. Dad buggered for now, got to charge the batteries up tonight to do it all again in the morning... Just keeping the dream alive, and loving it..... Sometimes hard love. Well need to charge the batteries now, good night.

Tomorrow's job

Not for the faint hearted, sandy sandy...

Beautifully dangerous

Making way

Bump on the road

Digging our way in

Two hours later, nearly there

Day 1: Kids' wildlife photography




No comments:

Post a Comment