Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Monday 18 May 2015

Isa strikes again

Air leak, yes an air leak... where, I don't know, but I must find it. This is the second time I'm in Isa with my family in 8 years, and both times we have had vehicle problems. Well the first one was understandable it was a Landrover, ha ha... and now a Denning, a true Queenslander.

What's happening is when on start up she takes longer to rise, on the open road its all good until I slow down. Once the revs are down for too long and I'm using the brakes the low air alarm comes on.....? I've been under the bus looking and can't find any leaks, but the door shutting valve seems to be leaking. I will disconnect it altogether, as we don't use it anyway. Whatever happens, don't break down in Mt Isa, all mechanics are too busy, or so they say..? With a bit of persistence I eventually found that the right hand rear brake booster hose was broken, and letting me down - in anyway you look at it.

We have stocked up and are ready for the long road to Borroloola. The engine is running great, gearbox perfect, tyres good, kids wonderful, wife recovering, and the air leak fixed, but I must leave you now to enter the Northern Territory. So until I have more whining to do, ta ta.

- D -

Can't mistaken this town for any other when you see this big chimney of the Hard times mines. 
The problem valve was located here.
Thank you Mount Isa!

1 comment: