Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Thursday 9 April 2015

Keep my home beautiful


Oh my, it is so good to be home, and even if I must say so myself the front yard looks so spectacular. Nearly every day the front yard is different, be it sandy beaches, mountain scenes, or roadside rest areas. If only everyone took their rubbish with them or used the bins provided, nah... that would be perfect then, can't have that! It's a shame that people have this mentality or choose not to clean after themselves....?

Normally when we stop at a place for a day or night we do a quick rubbish pick up within the immediate vicinity. The worst place or should I say dirtiest, was Brighton-le-sands. One mid-afternoon we filled three big garbage bags with plastic bottles, food wraps, with piles of peanut/nut shells and half burnt coal. Once we had done that the kids could not wait to get into the water. Oh how nice a big family turns up may be even three families together with seats, own barbecues, the lot. I was making dinner while the kids swam, but now the dog is just not letting up: what is going on? Kids teasing him, kids from that family. "Oi! Don't do that, and get away from the bus window!" Ha ha ha, off they went, only to come back with bigger kids to tease Jiniba. That's it, I'm going to see their parents, wtf bean shells every where,  lolly wraps, empty bottles just left there... Hang on they're all women, where are the men? Oh ok, they bowing to the tree, don't be silly they're praying... praying for someone to pick up the rubbish for them. Well the men came back and they all left without the rubbish, there was a bin right between them and their cars, so while they were getting into their cars I started picking up their rubbish, and all I could hear was laughs... I looked up and smiled... I love Australia, and it really hurts me to see people not caring. I must say this, most of the time it's the people that needed care who often don't care... Is it cultural, or carelessness, surely it couldn't be religious... We are one but we are many, so all we have to do is  "do the right thing".

Beautiful and clean, let's keep it that way

Family enjoying the front yard

Nothing better than home-made bread

1 comment: