Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Catch of the day

Lake Tinaroo, quiet and beautiful, we were the only ones there. Windy and cold in the shade but quite nice in the sun... Fishing, well what can I say, maybe its me, my set-up, my bait, or the turtle. I caught one apart from catching a cold, and from experience where there is turtles there is no fish. Great spots around the lake, and well charted as to where the different species are most likely to be, not for me through.
Next fishing spot in mind is Karumba, and if I don't catch a meal there I might as well give it away, hook, line and sinkers... and will only keep the nets, kill nets. 648 kms from here to Normanton on mostly sealed roads, then 719 kilometres on the Savannah way, national route 1 to Borroloola from Normanton, now I don't know whether the Phantom will make it through on that road, as there is a few river crossings and according to my map its 4x4 vehicles only. If we go the other way it will be 1900 kilometres that will mean going back to Mt Isa and coming around through Daly River, tooooo long, so I will do the Savannah way and hope for the best, glory, glory halleluia. Hey I do have a 9 and half ton winch: the Phantom weighs 22 and half ton, rolling weight I don't know, so all in all, it's the adventure... Let's do it... before that first comes the pain, then the gain that we will all love and have with us for the rest of our lives, and once that is done, the rest should fall in place....says l.

Never give up
Beautiful Lake Tinaroo

Man made lake Tinaroo
Keeping warm

Wildlife education of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment