Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Tuesday 21 July 2015

All work, no play

I got the iron for the roof today, and will be laying it tomorrow. What a mission, had to pick it up 22 kms away on the coast, using a bush track as it was the shortest and quickest way, or so I thought. I only got bogged two times and broke the side mirror on the canter truck... bugger... Luckily on my way out this morning, my subconscious mind - my wife - told me to take the block and tackle: best idea we thought of all day, used it both times. I got there in 3 hours, picked up some materials and well I had to, seeing it was on the coast, do some fishing only for an hour.
What an hour, it seems like the fish knew I was coming so they were lining up for me, well something like that, never seen anything like it. On the way back I saw a herd of brumbies and one lonely water buffalo which I was not willing to have anything to say or do with, I minded my own business and stayed on the track... Jiniba was going off until I told him to... well you know what. So today I took a short cut which turned out to be a wrong cut, took no bait but caught good enough feed, saw wild animals and the best thing, stayed off the tools for the day, yea... had a ball bogged and all... love it...


Home schooling fish science, fish cleaning education

Home schooling fish science, guttology
Horsing about


Overtaking me

Wild horses will not keep me away

No comments:

Post a Comment