Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Monday 6 July 2015

Diamonds in the rough

An 11,000 litre septic tank is now in the pit thanks to the three of us, me, myself and I. Another 11,000 litre tank was delivered today and water will be delivered on Wednesday, which will give us a total of 16,000 litres of water. It should last us a good 6 weeks or so, which in my calculations is time enough to get the job done unless I start doing more fishing, hunting, or prospecting. Now the latter is something I don't want to start because I will find it hard to stop, after all I'm a prospector from way back! This is supposedly diamond country, and I have been given the green light to help myself, what an honour, and thanks to the traditional owners.
I went on my road patrol this morning, and saw dingoes, got to Bing Bong Creek and saw the creek master, the crocodile, trying to hide, so I thought I give him the name Stoner as he was trying to camouflage with rocks. Well the resident crocodile in the McArthur River at Borroloola is called Bombastic by the locals. I will try to get some pictures of Stoner and other wildlife on my patrols in coming days. Sun is setting, cans are cold, gotta go bye.


Knock off time

Ready for lay

Not as big as the last one, but does the job

Water, part of survival


No comments:

Post a Comment