Phantom of the roads

Phantom of the roads

Thursday 12 March 2015

Happily sad

Happiness comes with suffering, or maybe sadness to some extent. I have been so looking forward to this day, when I sit behind the steering wheel of the Phantom to leave Sydney. But at the same time  my heart is aching, not just leaving my Mum behind, but leaving her in a huge lifechanging situation.

Thanks to the staff at Shangri-La nursing home, they have been so helpful and encouraging. I don't know how other people do it, but for me it has been weakening and hurtful and at the same time totally loving and mentally strengthening the love and connection between my mum and I. The reason why we've been in Sydney, I won't say has been accomplished, but at least we've reached some ground, and I hope my Mum will come to terms with it and will understand why.

When we begin life, everyone takes it with happiness and joy, and throughout our life we are often happy. And like I told Mum today, we should also embrace old age happily. You might be wheelchair bound, but we still enjoy the taste of peaches and the colours of the rainbow. All is not that bad. We've just got to accept the situation, adjust to our conditions, and enjoy what we can. And when death comes upon us we should embrace it happily, after all life was given to us unconditionally, free, with no rules, and all that the majority ask from you is to be a good person. I love my Mum but I have to leave her, and we shall meet again. Hopefully in good health, and we both can have a peach together.

Thank you Sydney, its been great. Nearly three months there, not by choice but conscience on my behalf, and a real big thanks goes to my best friend and love of my life, my wife, for putting up with me during this some what stressful time. Also to my friends that came around for kava and getting our kids to meet up, thank you.

- D -






No comments:

Post a Comment